Below is a list of all open positions with MasterCraft & Impact Safety. Impact Safety considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Experienced sewers are needed to do production of Covid-19 protective gear. Located near I-465 and Crawfordsville Road on the west side of Indianapolis. Impact Racing, Inc. is a fast-paced, goal-oriented culture based upon clear accountabilities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-852-3067 for more info.
Garment Pattern Maker
Impact Racing, Inc. is a highly-regarded motorsports safety manufacturer based in Indianapolis, Indiana just minutes away from both Lucas Oil Raceway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Impact Racing products are proudly manufactured in the USA and are the safety products of choice for professional racecar drivers in NHRA, Indycar, NASCAR, dirt track, short track and more. Impact’s commitment to quality, coupled with exceptional customer service and technical support, is demonstrated throughout our 15-year history.
Impact Racing, Inc. is seeking a Garment Pattern Maker for our production facility located near I-465 and Crawfordsville Road on the west side of Indianapolis. Impact Racing, Inc. is a fast-paced, goal-oriented culture based upon clear accountabilities.
This position and the right candidate will fill an important void within the company as we continue to capitalize on the rapid growth the company is experiencing. The Garment Pattern Maker will be an integral member of our fast-paced production staff and will patterning one and two-piece fire suits and other related garments from technical aramid fabrics and performance materials. Candidate must possess sewing skills. Training is an essential aspect of the position and is necessary to upgrade the quality as well as increasing the collective knowledge base on the sewing production floor.
Candidate will report directly to the Production Manager.
- Create patterns using renderings from our internal art department and customer’s measurements to produce custom driver suits and other related apparel.
- Maintain digital and keep physical files organized current and organized.
- Strong proficiency in hand patterning garments when necessary.
- Efficiently plot and nest patterns to reduce waste using Optitex patterning software.
- Produce accurate hand patterns or patterning files for Lectra CNC cutter.
- Work with and understand various aramid and other technical fabrics.
- Measure drivers and crew as needed to create custom driving and crew suits.
- Excellent sewing skills and perform alterations if necessary.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in fashion design.
- Experience in hand patterning, grading, draping, design development, production sewing, planning and scheduling as well as textile sciences.
- Experience with pattern making software: Optitex, Gerber, etc.
- Create technical packs for current and future product lines.
- Knowledge of various technical fabrics, construction techniques, and fit standards.
- Sharp eye for detail and design.
- Strong knowledge base and experience in sewing and construction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Mathematical skills and knowledge in both the Imperial and Metric Measurement systems.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. ).
- English required, bilingual in Spanish is a plus.