Impact’s Nitro helmet was specifically made with Alcohol and Nitro drag racers in mind with its integrated breather system and drag specific eye port. Engineered to alleviate the fumes emitted from nitro and alcohol powered dragsters, the Nitro by Impact features a replaceable filter system and bottled air intake port. A built-in SFI 3.3/10 rated Nomex® skirt helps keep the fresh air contained in the helmet while the braided Kevlar eye port gasket provides for an excellent fire retardant seal around the shield. The Impact Nitro also features a built-in D-ring to keep the head restrained during launch. Manufactured from Impact’s exclusive “Intelligent Gray Matter” (a variable-density, single-piece inner liner) and upholstered in fire retardant soft-knit Nomex®, the interior features removable cheek pads. Optionally available cheek pads are available in a variety of thicknesses and configurations to provide a custom fit. The Impact Nitro also offers a variety of anti-fog, tinted, and Hi-Def Amber shields with excellent visual acuity for the most accurate read of the tree.
*Add Options like FHR Posts, an additional shield, or tear-offs below. These must be ordered as a separate item, but can be added to your new helmet by the factory if specified.
• SNELL SA2020 CERTIFIED
• Shell construction of our exclusive aerospace industry derived composites.
• Built-in headsock/helmet skirt.
• Pre-plumbed in the rear for quick attachment of bottle air systems.
Kevlar® eyeport gasket.
• Internal face mask/respirator completely surrounds the nose and mouth to prevent intake of contaminated air.
• Gray Matter fire-retardant covered liner made of Impact's "intelligent" single piece variable-density core.
• Interchangeable cheekpads for a perfect fit (comes with std cheekpads, other sizes are extra).
• Fire-retardant Kevlar® chinstrap with locking dual D-ring design.
• 125" Clear Shield comes standard with 3 position detent.
- Please carefully read, understand and adhere to the following information. Since your helmet is engineered to very exacting standards, correct care is vital to its proper functioning.
SHIELD HARDWARE: to insure proper shield fit and function, it is important to check the tightness of the shield pivot and shield positioning screws before every use. Tighten until screws are firmly seated, careful to not over tighten.
HELMET CHEEK FIT PADS: to change, remove or replace cheek fit pads, turn the helmet upside down and place thumb under cheek pad and ‘pinch’ thumb with fingers on exterior shell. This will prevent separating and helmet upholstery from the shell as you remove the cheek fit pad. With free hand, slowly pull the cheek fit pad away from the hook and loop interior starting at the corner. Replace with new cheek pad.
HELMET INNER LINER: after a race, wet fit pads and liner should be dried in the shade using a fan.
MINI CHAMP & VAPOR HELMET INSERTS: The helmet comes from the factory as a size large without an insert. To place insert into the helmet perform the following: Hold Helmet with base opening facing you. Carefully fold back hat band upholstery toward you around the entire circumference of the helmet. Insert a Quick-Fit insert at the rear of helmet first and continue to push insert in and smooth insert down around the entire crown of the helmet. Fold hat band liner back into position.
HELMET HARDWARE: all fastening hardware and straps should be checked regularly for strength and security. Keeping all components of the helmet clean and well cared for is very important. Even perspiration can compromise the effectiveness of the hardware and straps.